The AJ Project’s
The Arts Voice Box Blog Guidelines
Want to share your unique point of view on the visual, performing & musical arts world? Have an upcoming event or project you want to talk about? The Arts Voicebox is the place to do it.
The AJ Project’s The Arts Voicebox Blog Forum is always looking for practical, actionable, original articles on topics that matter to the emerging and professional artist and your upcoming project we can share.
What We Look For in a Guest Blog
Successful guest contributions are useful and interesting posts that teach our readers something new or talk about your upcoming project. .
Subjects we focus on include -- but are not limited to – talent and career growth, marketing, technology, branding, life skills, local development programs, interesting and unusual jobs in the arts and agent/management tips and projects you would like to share with our community.
(For personal/inspirational submissions please go to The Arts Chose Me Blog Guidelines)
We look for a few things in everything piece we publish:
- Be original and well-written.
- Have a logical structure and flow.
- Use subheadings and bullets/lists, where appropriate, to make it easy for the reader to consume the information.
- Include a strong, compelling introduction and a conclusion that wraps up the article or provides a call to action.
- Make sure you give credit to all data, quotes, and referenced content by hyperlinking to the original source. (If you need an explanation here is a great article from Hubspot.com on how not to steal content from the web. Attribute.
The blog should be between 600 and 1,500 words; however, don’t make it to short and leave out the good stuff.
The blog should not be a promotional piece. We would love you to mention your company so add a hyperlink to your site.
What We Won't Publish
- Articles that are clearly part of a link building campaign.
- Articles that criticize companies or individuals; we are kind and this is not the place to be mean.
- Articles that have appeared on other blogs or news outlets. Contributors must own the rights to any content published on The Arts Chose Me.
How to Submit Your Article
- Email your article (as a Word Doc) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Voicebox Blog Submission”.
- Include all images, charts and info-graphics as separate attachments.
- Do not send poor quality (Facebook) or super big images, as this will only make it less likely to be posted.
If your article meets our quality standards and follows our guidelines, we will email to confirm a publication date.
The AJ Project reserves the right to include calls-to-action to The AJ Project content, including but not limited to email newsletters, ebooks, and other downloadable content.
We want your voice and will make every effort to preserve it. However, we hold the right to edit for grammar and clarity. Before final publication we will notify you if changes were made.